Saturday, November 14, 2009

Day Fourteen - My arse has gone numb

My arse has gone numb from sitting in this chair re-reading over what I wrote today, and playing with it. I know you're not suppose to, but when your fingers can't keep up with the thoughts coming out of your head, you get typos like this:

Shopping, when the word I wanted was Suppose. I know I'm special!

I got home from my parents about 1:30pm today, and just went for a solid writing session to catch up, and mainly to get all the ideas I'd jotted down in my little notebook the previous day out of dot points and into actual prose.

So here is a snippet from today. I will leave you with that, and remove myself from this chair as now my arse is aching. It's pushed past the numb barrier, and into the pins and needles!!!!

Zoey got up and went to the utility cupboard, opened it and searched the shelves for what she was looking for.
‘I’m sure I seen one in here the other day.’ Speaking aloud to herself as per usual, she was a little startled when Heath answered her back.
‘Wow, you have a lot of stuff in here.’
Zoey smiled, ‘yeah, it all comes in handy from time to time.’ She reached into the far back corner of the second bottom shelf. ‘This is it’ pulling out a small yellow bulb like object. She showed it to heath.



That's all I've got.

** The little ticker thing isn't updating, but the total word count is currently just over 24,000 words on the official counter from the NanoWriMo site.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it! 'Shopping' when the word I wanted was 'Suppose'. And yes, I think you are special! :)

ScoMan said...

I think I've worked out something in your story. Heath is a ninja. That's right, I'm reading between the lines.

Wait.. was that supposed to be Heath.. or did you mean Harley?

JustSal said...

*lol* Both of you are great... Heath becomes Health quite often when I'm typing too fast. I'll need a keen eyed proof reader when I'm done as I'm sure I've missed a few Healths along the way!