Thursday, November 5, 2009

Day Five - Word count healthy

I'm onto Day five - I came in this morning 1,000 words short from yesterday and had to make up the 1,700 for the daily limit. So head down arse up I wrote.

I started at 8am, punched out 1,000 words by 9:06am Answered the door. Got a delivery - Robot Chicken Season one (I'm about to start watching that!) Then proceeded to do some stuff around the house, cleaned the bathroom, put on some washing etc.

Got back into it about 11am, wrote until 12pm another 420 words. Stopped had lunch, and then wrote in the afternoon. Word count for today in total 3,115 words.

6,000 + words in and I'm finally cracking out some conversation. I have a run on stuff I write, it's either super chatty or it's kinda silent. This piece has started off silent, and if it goes to plan, then it will have a 'regular' amount of conversation within it, but I don't want it to be the driving force.

By Day five I should have a word count total of 8,500 I'm over that by 1,350 words rounding off the day with 9,850 words. I'm really happy with that, it's flowing well, and I'm determined to see this through.

So to leave you with another snippet:

The pain wasn’t pleasant, especially as her ribs were still sore from yesterdays events. This attack made Zoey angry. She thought of the revenge she’d like to give James at that moment, a zap back with a S14 military grade power taser, would suit her fine.


That's all I've got.

2 comments:

ScoMan said...

Wow, you flew past the word limit and didn't even slow down beside it to give it the finger. Good work.

The snippet.. that's even better than yesterdays. Violence. Dark humor. Who wouldn't love that?

Unknown said...

Love the snippet. Good stuff Sal. You seem to be steaming along :)