Monday, February 1, 2010

Remote Controlled Cars and Seven Things

I spoke to almost four today before he went to his first day of pre-school, and asked him what he wanted for his birthday. He was quite clear. A remote controlled car. No worries. I’d sort that out. Do you know how hard it is to find a remote control car that isn’t worth a kidney! I’m shopping online because they live at the back of beyond so it’s just easier to shop and get it delivered straight there. However because of their location, I need to look at an ‘outdoors’ type remote control car. I found one! A Spiderman hummer! Clicked through all the various pages, ordered it, got confirmation of the order. Woohoo. Then three hours later got an e-mail saying ‘we’re out of stock’ they refunded my money and did offer me an alternate option, however the remote control that went with it bloody confused me! And I’m WELL over four years of age!

So I hunt high and low, found one with a remote you can recharge! Went ‘click to order’. Oh we don’t ship to Australia FOR FUCK SAKE!!! If you type in remote control car into Google it brings back these RC clubs that are clearly ‘into’ their cars. But who the fuck plays $500.00 for a remote controlled car!?! I can buy a bloody Holden Gemini for $500.00 and it’s a REAL CAR! As in it gets me from point a to point b!

So I’m still on the hunt for a remote controlled car that is kinda ‘buggy / truck (4x4) like, that a four year old boy can play with preferably in Australia so it will get to him before the 20th of February which is his birthday and that won’t cost more that $150 in total (Buying it and getting it posted out there!) If you can help – PLEASE do!!


Continuing on from yesterday’s blog re the new seven things I have to share, thanks to being tagged. I have to admit I had to go back and check what I disclosed the last time I got an award off Wendy (aka Quillfeather)

So here is a list of ‘new stuff’


1) I drive a Subaru Imprezza
2) I have tattoos
3) I had braces when I was young
4) I don’t like my handwriting
5) I can type quicker than I can write by hand
6) I’m a dog owner (He’s a boxer)
7) I don’t like pickled onions.

I’ll tag the following bloggers. If you’re keen to ‘share’ go ahead, if not, then don’t!

Carter Mackenzie
Scoman
Hillbilly Dunn
C.J Koster
Rosie
Cate P
Jennee


That's all I've got.

1 comment:

ScoMan said...

Don't you hate "Out of Stock"

It's like "It's your website. If you don't have it and can't get it, take it down. It's not like a catalogue where it's stuck there"

I will look forward to sharing 7 things.. in about 4 weeks.

Yours were great though. I learned some new Sal facts.