Monday, December 21, 2009

My Mum

I'm hoping like hell this blog actually works as I've had trouble with the internet this afternoon!

Alright here goes. It's been 12 months since my mum got the official 'all clear' regarding her Breast Cancer which she fought this time 12 months ago. The 21st of Decemeber 2008 was an early x-mas present when she was told all looked 'good' as in everything was ok, and she'd be alright.

Twelve months on, she got the all clear again yesterday from the oncologist which is just AWESOME :) I'm happy for her and I'm happy for me. As I'm not ready to loose my mum just yet.

So as a token of how much I love my mum. I've got her something that isn't really a x-mas present it's more a I'm glad I've got you and you're here gift. It's just something little. What I wrote (Or I'm planning to write) on the card is the part I want to run past you my readers. This is what I have penned out only ten minutes ago to hand write into a card for her to give her when I see her tomorrow.

Dear Mum,
As an inspiring writer I am at times at a loss for the right words to explain and express just how important you are to me and how much I love you simply for being you (And my mum)
You're been supportive, caring, and understanding. You've listened, offered advice, and been there for me regardless of the situation.
So I want to take this moment in time, which as you read these words is now a part of history and the past to let you know that I love you and life just wouldn't be the same without you in it. You make me laugh, smile and most of all feel loved.

I love you mum, more than these words on this card can express. That love will never falter. It will simple increase over the years and as the decades pass us by will grow.

Love Sal


I'm not overly good at writing this sort of thing (Expressing feelings etc) I mean this is a note to my mum not my lover. So I don't want to sound like I'm writing a love letter for someone I'm sleeping with!

SO readers what do you think? Go with what I wrote first go (That is how it came out of my brain, onto the page via the pen, and has been re-typed word for word on here so you can read it) Or should I edit it?

Let me know what you think

That's all I've got for now :)

2 comments:

ScoMan said...

I thought your note for your mum was quite moving. It wasn't as moving as Maynard's tribute to his mother (in your defence though his mother had passed away, and it's easier to move an audience when you're talking about a dead person), but moving nontheless.

And I'm not easily moved.

CATE said...

You should always go with what comes out first in a message like this coz it comes from the heart, it just flows. Leave it, she'll love it.
And cheers to another "all-clear" year.