Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Elated

e lat ed http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/elated
Adjective: Meaning very happy or proud; jubilant; in high spirits.

I’m ELATED!!!!! Why I can hear you asking?


I wrote to David Moody in regards to my Genre project of writing back to his book Hater. He answered to say that was cool, and asked that if I was willing to, to send him a copy of what I wrote.

The assignment was due Monday so Monday night I e-mailed what I wrote to David, then had a major anxiety attack thinking *holy fuck* I’ve just e-mailed a successful author who’s sold millions of copies of his book, with my take on what one of his characters may have been feeling at a certain point in the overall plot structure. Like I said *holy fuck*

I got a reply from David today, to say it was awesome to receive an e-mail from David would be an understatement. Better still he liked what I wrote and gave me some amazing feedback which has really boosted my confidence as a writer. So thank you David!

I want to thank you my readers as well. I know I say thanks to you a lot but I really do mean it. If I should ever make it as a writer – all 23 of you will get a personal signed copy of whatever book I release as a thank you for being #rad and supportive of me, by reading what I write on here, and also commenting which you know I love.

So thank you :)

In other writing news – I’ve come up with an idea for Nanowrimo 2010. If you haven’t heard about Nano – you can check it out by clicking this link The Clicky Clicky Bit

My main protagonist will be called Scott after the amazing Scoman who’s glory to be a main protagonist was put on the back burner when Uni changed their assessment requirement. (See earlier post) in which I started a horror piece that had a lead called Scott.

I once again plan to share my Nano experience on here with a blog a day in November. But in September I’m going to put some ideas up re clothing, characteristics etc and get your feedback on it, that way you’ve all had a little part in the writing of it. The story will be set over a 24hr period Think Mrs Dalloway but a little longer!

So that’s the update from me, how was everyone else’s day?

That’s all I’ve got.

1 comment:

ScoMan said...

That is awesome.

I don't know a lot about David Moody, but I have a hell of a lot of respect for him right now.

To take the time to do that for someone, shows that he hasn't forgotten that all creative people started somewhere, and could use a little feedback or guidance along the way.

Good on him.