Saturday, March 7, 2009

I am a writer

As part of our homework for Prose we have to state verbally and in writing that we are writers. Apparently it's harder for women to state they are writers than it is for men. For me I guess it's a label that has to be earned. That once something you have produced is published and others can read and offer feedback then you have the 'right' to call yourself a writer. As I have never had anything of mine published I'm struggling with with saying it. Not because of my gender but because of the feelings expressed above. That is how I feel on the subject. I don't know what others think or feel who are in my class. Should they want to share I will listen.

However for the task at hand and the little tick that goes next to 'participation' My title is my statement.

That's all I've got

No comments: