Monday, December 1, 2008

My food has a face

I’m about to start dinner tonight its spaghetti bolognaise. Not sure I spelt that right! Though I’ll need to eat this for the next week after I had to practically sell a kidney to buy the mince! When did dead cows become $7.00 for 500gm? I need to take a long hard look at my back yard, and maybe look at putting some cows into it, with meat prices that high!

I’m not a fan of grocery shopping, and today was grocery shopping day. I’m a list shopper – I make a list of what I need before going into the store, so it can be as quick and painless as possible. I got in and out with a ‘proper’ order (That’s a shopping trolley full) in less than 35 mins – that includes getting through the checkout which the local grocery store has 12 isle with only 2 working! Welcome to the boonies!

So it’s been almost 3 weeks since I made an entry here – slack arse! It’s not like I’ve been ‘busy’ I’ve slipped into Uni student holiday mode far too easily, in fact I’m thinking why didn’t I study earlier in life? I’m sure I’d have been happier sooner. This is the first time I’ve had off in 10 years. It’s quite strange to wake up whenever wander about, filling your days with well nothing much, and then turning around and doing it all again! (This occurs on the weeks I’m not taking my mum to the city for treatment)

This is the final week of my mum’s radium treatment, and it’s starting to take its toll on her, she’s suffering very badly from nausea and dizzy spells. However 4 treatments to go and she’ll be free of it. Then the toxic medication starts. I’m not sure how that will effect her. I hope not too badly. There’s such a feeling of helplessness to see your mother sick (Or any parent / loved one) as you know there’s nothing you can do other than assist where you can, if I could wave a magic wand and take it all away for her I would, but I can’t. It really rings home though about how bad others have it in life. As I said one before – I’ll be quick not to complain about a headache in the future – as there’s a heap of people out there worse off than I am.

I’m off to chop up onions and try not to cry.

That’s all I’ve got
Sal

1 comment:

SharpFinale said...

I usually buy tomatoe bolognaise sauce that comes in a jar. I've never touched raw meat before and I'm not sure if I ever can.

Cancer is horrific. I'm terribly sorry that your mum has to go through it:[

re:No Happy Christmas
Not really, I don't have any good enough friends to actually spend a holiday with. Besides they'd all be with their family...I'll try though. She would probably argue with me about it becuase she's scared of staying home alone...imagine that; 45 years old and still a child.