Saturday, November 8, 2008

Air-conditioning

Whoever invented air-conditioning - I thank you, actually I bow down to you for this invention. Australia is known for it's beaches, poisonous snakes and spiders *actually insert list of dangerous animals here.....* and of course the weather.

However today is an exception. This past week we've had shit weather - Monday raining, Tuesday overcast, Wednesday sunny, Thursday see wednesday, Friday sunny. However today Saturday it's hotter than the pits of hell... well maybe that's a slight exaggeration, as I'm not sure just how hot the pits of hell are, in fact as a non religious person I've just used an example of something that I don't actually acknowledge exists! Anyway.... it was bloody hot today! Not only was it hot temp wise but there was also a strong 'wind' blowing from the west which when you live on the east coast of Australia means 'hot air' coming from the centre of the country that has a great big bloody orange rock in the almost centre of it. (I can totally picture people getting out their little atlas and having a look at the map of Australia now!) Centre of Australia = Large rock and desert which makes air 'hot'

Anyway back on topic. Air-conditioning inventor person (note the 'non gender specific as I'm not one to assume a gender in which invented this miracle) The miracle that turned the 41c to 33c in a matter of a hour (Sorry I haven't a clue what that transfers into Fahrenheit) All I know is that my air-conditioner was a welcome relief. It's only the 2nd week of November! Summer dosen't start officially until the 1st of December. I shudder to think what the temperature is going to be like this summer if today is any indication! We've fucked this planet - Global warming will send us the way of the dinosaurs!


That's all I've got. I'm off to melt some more

1 comment:

Lia said...

lol I was gonna say it's November, which is autumn!!! But then you live in Australia, and that's very very different.
It's still so weird though, you have christmas during summer!! Canada is bout 40 days til WinterXD

Thanks for leaving a comment=)