Saturday, September 15, 2012

Rudeness

No matter where you go, or what you do, you'll always encounter rude people. People who think the world really does revolve around them.

I had a few 'rude' people at work today. (I work at a Library) One incident was far too long to post here. The other was short and sharp.


Patron walks in ‘Give me a computer for an hour’.
Me: I start to explain that I can only offer him 1/2 an hour (on a Saturday as it's our busiest time - didn't get that part out) and he cuts me off with.

Patron: 'WHY' in super aggressive tone.
Me: Because you’re rude and it’s Saturday! Computer number 7 thanks.
Patron: Grunts.
Me: Smiling ‘thanks’.

Is there a cure to rudeness?

That's all I've got.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I KNOW!!!!!!!

I hate rude people, and I know there are times I'm at my wits ends and want to be rude to people who give me the shits but I refrain myself.

Some people just don't.

Sometime I wish I didn't, I'd love to let rip at some people and some people need to be told off.

Like in last night's episode of House Husbands. Max Gillies character needed to be put in his place. Yet he wasn't. I wanted to punch him in the head.