Sunday, September 6, 2009

Post # 100

There’s no fireworks? WTF?

This is my official post number One Hundred. I actually wrote it a few weeks ago on the evening of my Mum’s 60th Birthday celebrations (We rocked out with an OAP party!!) However life (Known as Uni!) caught up with me and I’ve not had a chance to post it. Plus, if gave me a chance to edit it down a bit.

Life is pretty full on right now, with the workload increasing for Uni, and the time in the day just slipping away without any notice. Whilst its not ‘panic’ stations just yet it will be soon if things don’t come together a little better.

One note though. I experienced my first exposure to someone cheating this past week. They worked shopped some work which they stated was theirs – however it’s not! It fucked me off that they ‘took on board the feedback’ and said ‘oh yeah thanks I’ll work on that angle’ etc etc and all the time I’m thinking – you didn’t even fucking write this!

It got the better of me in the end and I e-mailed the lecturer with proof that this work wasn’t this persons, and that I wouldn’t be offering feedback on ‘this piece’ as I couldn’t! It’s in the lectures hands now. I hope they pursue it. Plagiarism is highlighted everywhere re our assignments. So when it’s handed to them with actual proof this work isn’t this persons then surly they can’t ignore it! Anyway as I said I’ve let the lecturer know it’s in their hands now.

Back to my mum’s birthday.

My mum turned 60 this year – a big milestone for her. She clearly stated to my brother and I she didn’t want a ‘big fuss’ however would like some close friends and family over for a small lunchtime party / gathering. She pre-warned us re the 60th celebrations, as when she turned 50 my brother and I lobbed on her doorstep from Brisbane the night before to her surprise, asking what we where doing home. When we told her we were here to set up her party she didn’t believe us that was until the Saturday morning when we started setting up tables etc and blowing up balloons, and then guests started to arrive! She enjoyed it though, and she enjoyed her ‘small’ gathering of close friends and family this time around for her 60th.

Thanks to my new followers – it’s lovely to have new people on board and giving feedback. I’ve got Scoman to primarily thank for that, so thanks Scoman!

That’s all I’ve got.

2 comments:

ScoMan said...

If we were warned the 100th post was coming, there would have been fireworks.. oh how there would have been fireworks, but alas, I'll have to save these babies for your 1000th post *puts the box under the bed*

I hate plagiarism. I don't know how you managed to bite your tongue through the feedback stage to send the email later.. I mean, I know what you did was the grown up thing to do to get it dealt with privately and not shame them in front of everyone, but it must have taken some restraint.

Belated happy birthday to your mum.

And you're welcome =)

Sharon McPherson said...

Congrats on your 100th post. :)