Thursday, May 7, 2009

Shoot the bloody Parrot

I'm on page 25 of this book and it's boring me to death. As I read the words on the page my mind drifts off to the hundred other things I've got to complete. I get to the end of the page stare at it blankly and think - what did I just read!?!

The e-notes site isn't a lot of help thus I'm 'reading' the book. I think the lecturers knew that the majority of students wouldn't read the text as it was so close to the end of semester and time is running out etc. so they deliberately set the questions at level 8.5 out of 10 on a scale of difficulty. One being getting your name right!

So as I type out this entry and procrastinate from reading this dull book. I'm forced to hit the publish post button and get back to reading. I'll give it ten more pages - if it's still shit I'm out.

That's all I've got.

**Update** just found a website that reviewed the book. I'm screwed now - this lady states that the book is beyond shit (My words not hers) and she's in struggle town (again my words) at page 95. I'm cutting my losses. I'll try and wing it and hope for the best.

No comments: