Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Assignment overload

It's been head down arse up for me the past few days. I've got assignments coming out my ears and running out of time to write them. I got an e-mail from one of the tutors stating don't forget to read Flaubert's Parrot by Julian Barnes! There is NO chance I'll get that book read by next week. Thankfully I got myself a subscription to a site called e-notes and I'll utilise their brilliant 'summary' to get my head around what the book is about enough to answer the 'short questions' on it!

I'm not a fast reader - so it's a struggle for me to read a book every two weeks and actually 'have a life' so when I offer feedback on this subject anonymously I'll be stating that there's just too many texts to get through with 'other' subjects! Sure if you only did one subject a semester - well you'd have no bloody excuse not to get a book read every two weeks - but when you have two creative writing classes on top of the 'text' class it's a little too much!

Good news is I've completed my Writing from the edge essay with three days to spare :) (That's a record for me!) I've got about 500 words left to write on my Prose essay and then the killer Mrs Dalloway essay to write before two other creative writing pieces and I'm done for this semester! I have to say I'm looking forward to the break. I've struggled this semester to get 'into it' So a month off will hopefully allow me to a) not read any books that I don't *have* too i.e forced too and b) just give me some time to do nothing.

I plan of visiting my brother and his wife and their sons over the month of June - which will be great to just hangout and do nothing the Twelve hour drive out into western Queensland.

That's all I've got

No comments: