Friday, February 27, 2009

Procrastination

If there was a masters degree in it. I'd have that Phd bit at the end of my name. Just Sal Phd in Procrastination.

I start off with the best intentions. Then I get online and a void sucks me in and I just wander off and check out none related Uni sites kinda like this one ;P I just can't seem to find the motivation required to put my head down arse up and study. I've got those five books to get through and I'm slightly concerned that I just can't seem to get into it. When I say 'it' I mean Uni in general.

I've also got a 3000 word creative piece that I have to workshop in two weeks. I'm not 100% sure where I'm going to pull 3000 words from right now. Though the idea I have is quite solid in my mind, and the research I've done so far on the storyline is coming along nicely. I even managed to jot down some points at 2am this morning when I couldn't sleep due to the revealers in the park with their doof doof music playing at a high volume before a large fight broke out and broken glass seemed to be shattering a lot. Perhaps a volley of bottles where thrown at each group. I'm not sure. The street this morning is quite dishevelled and well the council was out cleaning the street when I checked the post.

So plan for this weekend:
Get the tempest read.
Get back into Jane Eyre.
Make Muffins. Mmmmm Muffins
Try and get some solid groundwork completed of the 3000 words creative piece.
Do homework for Prose class for Monday
Watch the kick arse movie on TV this evening called The guardian.

That's all I've got.

No comments: