Wednesday, June 10, 2009

An update in 1,000 words or less

Since my last post a fair bit has happened.

On a sad note,.My Pop (Grandfather) passed away last week after a very long battle with Parkinsons disease. Whilst I'm saddened he's gone. He's pain free now, and reunited with my Nan - He couldn't talk or move in the end which was heart breaking, and on the first of June he just decided he'd had enough and called time on his life, he went peacefully surrounded by family which to him was important.

One a brighter note: I'm on mid semester holidays :)

I finished uni for Semester one of 2009, and found out two days into my holiday that next semesters reading list for one subject alone consists of eight books! EIGHT - I had enough trouble getting through five last semester so to be dealt the blow of eight for this coming semester. I kinda had a minor heart attack - not as much as my friend Craig did though when he seen the book list. So $230 later I have the books on order for just one subject - the other two subjects books have set me back another $300 dollars and so all up I'm down $530 on books for semester two already I'm now super bloody poor.

I'm off out to visit my brother and my nephews next week, so that will be cool. My family was home last week gone for my pop's funeral, however I'd always planned to go out to my brothers over my mid semester break to hang out and just generally catch up and spend some time with my nephews, so that's the plan.

I'll also attempt to write more in this, as it's gone onto the back burner a little which I'm disappointed about. As I enjoy this little slice of cyberspace that allows me to share my thoughts on 'stuff'

That's all I've got.. Actually it really is as the battery on this laptop is about to go, so hopefully this will get posted :)

No comments: